Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I dont even know whats happening.



I continue to adjust more and more each day, I think.

Well, whats new... well, on Saturday, me and the 3 other volunteers are going to be teaching 10 kids from my class how to plant a veggie garden. We chose a plot right next to the classrooms, and started to prepare the ground today. Its kind of terrifying that we are supposed to teach these kids, in Spanish, how to do this stuff, in three days.

More terrifying is that I am going to be teaching my first class (again, in Spanish) in 10 days – not this Monday, but the following. Wtf. 

And even more… well, not terrifying, but certainly more odd, is how I got to be part of our towns baseball team. A bunch of us went to the game at our local stadium on Sunday, and I remarked to a girl who is the host sister of one of my fellow volunteers “I could do that.” And then I said one more time a little bit later that I really want to play.

Well, it turns out that later in the game shes like, well, theres my dad, and points to the guy on the field, and shes like “hes the manager of the team.” So the next day we go to class (we have class in her house) and shes like, “so, theres practice today and my dad wants you there.” So Im like wow… yeah, sure.

The only problem is that Ive been sick with… well, who knows what the hell Im sick from.
Anyway, I went to practice Monday, then they were like come back tomorrow, then they said come back again. And today they gave me a uniform and asked if I can play Sunday at the local stadium with their team, and Im going to play first base, I think.  Goodness gracious, what have I gotten myself into.

This is awesome/nerve racking.

No comments:

Post a Comment